Mary Catherine Wiederhold
Mary Catherine Wiederhold represents only tenants. She believes in protecting your renter’s rights.
She is a dedicated Bay Area tenant attorney advocating for clients who have faced unfair and illegal actions by landlords. She has fought and won cases involving wrongful evictions, housing code violations, fire, and landlord negligence. Mary Catherine Wiederhold has been recognized for her efforts as a tenant advocate.
Working for tenants for more than 15 years, Mary Catherine Wiederhold has the experience to help protect you.
Learn more about me in this 2020 profile in Plaintiff Magazine.
Call the Law Offices of Mary Catherine Wiederhold to learn about your tenant’s rights.
Organizations and Honors
Mary Catherine Wiederhold is recognized for her work on behalf of the community. She is on the Board of Directors of the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association and on the Executive Committee of the Lawyers Club Inn of Court.
In early 2022, she was selected to serve on the Bar Association of San Francisco’s Judiciary Committee for a three-year term. The Judiciary Committee assists with the endorsement and selection of judges for the San Francisco Superior Court, the United States District Court for the Northern District of California, the Court of Appeals and the California Supreme Court. The Committee evaluates candidates under consideration for elevation and appointment, as well as those seeking election to the San Francisco Superior Court.
She received the Housing Justice Award from the Bar Association of San Francisco and the Attorney of the Year award from the AIDS Legal Referral Panel. The Bar Association of San Francisco named her as an Outstanding Volunteer in Public Service.
- “The Covid-19 Pandemic and Tenants’ Rights” Plaintiff
- “Form Interrogatory Number 15.1: utilize it early and pursue it thoroughly” The Trial Lawyer
- “Bad dog, no bone!” Plaintiff
- “What is the Ellis Act and How Does It Affect Your Clients?” The Trial Lawyer
- “Getting A Fire Report Without Getting Burned” Plaintiff
- “Domestic Animals” CEB (Continuing Education of the Bar)
- “Reasonable Accommodation: When To Ask On Behalf Of Your Tenant Client And What Happens If The Landlord Says, ‘No’?” The Trial Lawyer
- “(Tenant’s) Dog Bites Man! What’s the Landlord’s Liability?” The Trial Lawyer
Past Speaking Engagements
- “Bad Dog, no bone: what to do after your client is bitten” San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association
- “It’s Their Fault: Landlord-Tenant Premises Liability” San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association
- “The Troubled Client” San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association
- “Post-judgments Motions in Unlawful Detainer Cases” AIDS Legal Referral Panel
- “Burning Issues in Fire Cases” Consumer Attorneys of California
- “The Mechanics of Pretrial Preparation” AIDS Legal Referral Panel
Ready for Aggressive Legal Help?
Talk with an experienced lawyer in an obligation-free telephone consultation. We will personally review your challenging, out-of-the-ordinary case for free whereas other firms charge for a consultation.
"*" indicates required fields
Mary Catherine Wiederhold
Real Estate Attorney
1458 Sutter Street
San Francisco, CA 94109
Our offices are conveniently accessible to public transportation.
The use of the Internet or this website for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through these media.