She is a tireless tenant attorney advocating for clients who have faced unfair and illegal actions by landlords. She has fought and won cases involving wrongful evictions, housing code violations, fire, and landlord negligence.
Mary Catherine Wiederhold is a hard-working, dedicated attorney who fights for tenants. She is recognized for her efforts as a tenant advocate. In 2010, she received the Housing Justice Award from the Bar Association of San Francisco. In 2014, she received the Attorney of the Year award from the AIDS Legal Referral Panel.
Working for tenants and protecting renter’s rights over the past 12 years, Mary Catherine Wiederhold knows the law. She knows how you can protect yourself from your landlord’s illegal actions.
Call Mary Catherine Wiederhold for a free consultation. Know your rights. Protect yourself.
Mary Catherine Wiederhold is recognized for her work on behalf of the community. She is on the Board of Directors of the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association and on the Executive Committee of the Lawyers Club Inn of Court.
She also received the Housing Justice Award by the Bar Association of San Francisco in 2010. Mary Catherine Wiederhold received the Volunteer of the Year award by the AIDS Legal Referral Panel in 2014. In 2015, the AIDS Legal Referral Panel gave her the Hero Award for 10 years of service, and the Bar Association of San Francisco named her as an Outstanding Volunteer in Public Service.
Mary Catherine Wiederhold writes about tenant concerns. Her work includes these recent publications:
- “Bad dog, no bone!” (Co-authored with Robert Smith) Plaintiff March, 2015
- “What is the Ellis Act and How Does It Affect Your Clients?” The Trial Lawyer Fall, 2014
- “Getting A Fire Report Without Getting Burned” Plaintiff June, 2014
- “Domestic Animals” CEB (Continuing Education of the Bar) January, 2013-2017
- “Reasonable Accommodation: When To Ask On Behalf Of Your Tenant Client And What Happens If The Landlord Says, ‘No’?” The Trial Lawyer Summer, 2013
- “(Tenant’s) Dog Bites Man! What’s the Landlord’s Liability?” The Trial Lawyer Spring, 2012
Past Speaking Engagements
- “It’s Their Fault: Landlord-Tenant Premises Liability” San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association.
- “The Troubled Client” San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association.
- “Post-judgments Motions in Unlawful Detainer Cases” Aids Legal Referral Panel.
- “Burning Issues in Fire Cases” Consumer Attorneys of California.
- “The Mechanics of Pretrial Preparation” Aids Legal Referral Panel.